LinkedIn is the world’s largest online professional network. Utilising proven engagement generating functionality Linkedin operates as the rendezvous point between the business world and social media.
With 30.55 million companies signed up in more than 200 countries it makes sense to take advantage of LinkedIn’s 200+ targeting characteristics to build brand awareness and reach out to potential customers on the web’s most prolific lead-generating platform.
This article will give you our step-by-step guide for taking your business to the next level using LinkedIn:
Step #1: Create a company page
Start by creating a company page, making sure to complete each section. Complete pages receive a higher number of views according to LinkedIn’s ‘Best Practice’ list for page creation.
Step #2: Raise the visibility of your page
Boost your company page views by:
- Asking your employees and partners to follow and share your page.
- Adding LinkedIn buttons to your website and newsletters, as well as including a link to your company website in the description section of your page.
- Add your LinkedIn information to your e-mail signature, business cards and stationery.
- Highlight your business on your own profile.
Step #3: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Increase your discoverability during searches by:
- Asking yourself what keywords ideal clients/customers would use when looking for your services or products and including these in your company profile.
- Claiming your custom URL – LinkedIn allows you to personalize your URL, which makes it more likely that your profile will rank at the top of search results.
- Making use of effective hashtags in your company content
Step #4: Create a LinkedIn Marketing Strategy
Planning a content calendar and populating it with rich media entries for monthly, weekly, and daily posts is integral to managing an effective and relevant LinkedIn page. Posts containing photos and videos out-perform those without.
- Update your page regularly using imagery, colours and content that is consistent with your webpage, other social media profiles and branding.
- Launch a Showcase Page to promote or introduce a specific service or product.
- Make use of LinkedIn Live to host events and webinars.
Step #5: Target the right audience
Set your posts and campaigns to reach businesses of the right size, in the region and country of your choice. You can even select the title of the individual within the company to receive your content!
Step #6: Track your results.
LinkedIn offers analytics divided into 3 sections:
- Visitors’ analytics
- Update analytics – monitoring engagement metrics on your posts
- Follower analytics
Use this information to understand the response to current content and to tailor future content.
Step #7: Get Involved!
- Participate in groups and become part of the conversations happening in and around your industry.
- Start your own group – inviting your employees, partners, and connections to join. Choose a topic within your industry that you are passionate about and start the discussion around the changes and solutions you would like to see and be a part of.
- Share other people’s posts.
- Tag connections in your content posts.
Posting helpful, interesting, and informative content that benefits your followers can establish you as a thought leader and raise your brand’s profile.
There has never been a better time to jump in and stay relevant.